Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Awards out the wahoozie!

Sorry to be so absent of late, ladies. :(  I only get sick a couple times a year, and this is one of those times.  So to all of the kind gals notifying me of awards, I wasn't ignoring you, promise!

I received the Stylish Blogger award from Morgan at Pass the Polish, Please!, Kari from Once Bitten, Carissa from Love, Carissa, Eva from Evakke Beauty, Lindsay from Yacking about Lacquer, Dori from Kiss my Acetone, Belle from J'adore Lacquer, and Lois from Nail York City!  Thank you so much! :D  It's encouraging to know that people read my blog.  And *gasp!* they... might even like it! :O


1. Thank and link the person who gave you this award. (check!)

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers

4. Contact these bloggers to tell them about this award


Seven random things about me:

1.  You will almost always find me with a book on my person.  Even when I'm carrying a small purse, there will most likely be a paperback jammed inside. :)

2.  I'm not quite as violently nerdy as I used to be, but there's certainly still things that I nerd out about from time to time.  I absolutely love Joss Whedon's work, and I still play video games when I can make them my main focus.  I've also come to really enjoy strategic board games.

3.  I hate needles more than almost anything else!  I doubt that I'll ever be able to get a tattoo, even if I really, really want one.  I was also too afraid of the needles to muster up the courage to get any other piercings, so I decided instead to stretch the lobe piercings that I have.  I'm sitting pretty at a 0g, and I'm very pleased with them. :)

4.  I used to wear contacts, but a few years ago, I opted to go back to glasses.  Why?  I was very irresponsible about making sure that my contacts came out every night.  Also?  I look pretty great in glasses. lol

5.  A couple random things that make my skin crawl that might not bother other people are utensils or straws scraping against Styrofoam, and just the thought of chewing on a wool glove or mitten.  Weird, right?  I've got shivers thinking about how unsettling those things are, though.

6.  One of my favorite things to listen to is a podcast called Stuff You Should Know.  The hosts are always informative and entertaining, and there isn't much than I love more than learning new and interesting things!

7.  I never really thought that I would keep writing in this blog.  Posts may be few-ish and far-ish between, sure, but the writing is still happening.  I can't thank you, my readers, enough for motivating me! <3



1. Why did you make this blog?
I don't know how I originally ran across it, but sometime last Spring I fell absolutely head over heels for the China Glaze Up and Away collection.  I found swatches of it on Gina's blog Prim and Polished, and and needed to have the collection.  After spending almost $40 on nail polish in one day (a number that doesn't always seem so small now... lol) I decided that I couldn't spend that much money without sharing my polishes with people.  So I started a blog. :)

2. What kind of blogs do you read?
I mainly read nail blogs.  Beauty blogs are sometimes fun to read as well.  I also enjoy cooking blogs on occasion.

3. Do you have a favorite make-up brand?
I don't really have a favorite brand.  I very rarey wear makeup.  On the odd occasion that I do wear it, it's never more than eyeshadow, mascara, and maybe some tinted lip balm.

4. What about the favorite clothing brand?
Again, I don't really have a favorite brand.  If it fits and looks good, I'm in.  I do most of my shopping at a secondhand boutique called Clothes Mentor.  I spend so much time in my work clothes every week that I have a very hard time dropping lots of money on clothes that I know will just sit in my closet gathering dust.  Plus, I have this crazy nail polish addiction.  Something had to give!

5. What piece in you make-up bag is the most important to you?
My nail polish!  Haha!  Like I said, I don't wear makeup often enough to care.  As far as my nails go, though, I have a little container with acetone and plastic scrubby bristles inside.  This is quite possibly my favorite nail-related toy.  No more scrubbing at glitter!  Let your finger soak a moment and then move it up and down to let the bristles do the work.  How nice is it to idly watch television while you remove stubborn nail polish?  Sooooo nice. <3

6. Your favorite color?
My favorites are green, teal, and purple.  I'm a little more picky about my blues, but honestly, I'm pretty much in love with the whole cool side of the color spectrum.

7. Favorite perfume?
I'm also not a big perfume wearer.  Gah!  I fail as a beauty blogger! D:  I do enjoy some scents, though.  I really like Bath and Body Works' Vanilla Noir perfume.

8. Your favorite movie?
I really like Serenity, Braveheart, A Tale of Two Sisters, [REC], Garden State, (500) Days of Summer...  I'm pretty flexible about movies that I'll watch and enjoy.

9. What countries would you like to visit?
I would really like to visit Europe someday.  I know that Europe consists of several countries. :)  But I would like to see them.

The rules are: copy the picture, answer the questions and send it to your favorite blogs!


 1. Thank and link back to the giver of the award.  (Thank you, Morgan!  Hoosier Power!)

2. Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using 5 words:  Gotta flaunt them digits, yo!  (Or, "Sole purpose: to induce lemmings.")

3. Pass it on to other bloggers that you feel have substance in their blogs.

I’m tagging these blogs for both of the above awards: If you already posted about these awards - don't worry about re-posting :)

1. !Kendal
2. Bonny Binnacle
3. Canadian Nail Fanatic
4. Glitzkrieg
5. J'adore Lacquer
6. Just Peachy
7. Laquerish
8. Let Them Have Polish!
9. My Lucid Bubble
10. Normal Girl Nails
11. Polish of the Day. Ish.
12. Polish Pauper


I didn't fill in all fifteen spots because I want to give this award to my readers as well!  If you haven't received these awards, please consider yourself tagged, and spread the love!

Make sure you check out the blogs of the lovely ladies that tagged me as well! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the tag!! I've done the Stylish blogger and the Blog with Substance so I'll pass on the Me encanta tu Blog awatrd! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome!! Gotta flaunt them digits, yo! - that just made my day - lol sounds like we have the same sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first two blog awards ever! Thank you so much! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I more than like it, Erin! I ADORE your blog! =)
    Thanks so much for tagging me back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the awards! love your blog, your pictures are lovely! I'll pass on the ones I haven't done before. <3

    ReplyDelete